Barry Douglas (Piano)
- Ballyvaughan Pier / The Runescape Jig / Secret Circle Reel
- Brendan’s Air
- The Foggy Dew
- Fear a’ Bhata (The Boatman)
- The Fields of Athenry
- Planxty Irwin
- The Minstrel Boy
- Róisín Dubh (Blach-haired Rose)
- Molly Malone
- Buachaill ón Éirne (A Boy from Erne-side)
- On Raglan Road
- The Star of the County Down
- Master McGrath
- The Lark in the Clear Air
- Mná na hÉireann (The Women of Ireland)
- Barry’s Reels
- Unst Bridal March
- Óró ’sé do bheatha abhaile (You are welcome home)
With this new volume, Barry Douglas once again weaves a magic web with Celtic tunes that have been handed down from generation to generation. His playing is entwined sometimes with new material composed by his musical companions, internationally renowned for their fearless explorations and interpretations of Scottish music.
‘Bíonn cúig insint ar gach scéal agus dhá ghabháil déag ar gach amhrán’: there may be five versions of every story but there are twelve interpretations of each song. The old Irish proverb reflects an acknowledgement that each artist makes his or her own of material that has been handed down.
The result is a beautiful, wistful celebration of melodic riches. Listen and be entranced.